This guide provides information on the many different library and Internet resources available to you, some basic tips on how to conduct research, and contact information if you need assistance from a librarian.
Please note: Washburn students and faculty may search many of the resources listed from any computer with Internet access. To access restricted resources from off campus, you will be prompted to enter your name and WIN.
Help is little more than a click away!
Picking Your Policy
NASW Policy Statements - Policy statements adopted by the NASW
Social Work Speaks Abstracts - Policy statements adopted by the NASW Delegate Assembly in August 2008
The link below may help you choose a policy to research.
- CQ Researcher Plus Archive - Contains single-themed, in-depth reports on controversial issues including introductory overview, background, current situation, pro and con statements, and bibliography. Helpful for choosing a topic or starting research. Contains full text reports.
Below are possible topics to search:
- social work policy
- social security policy
- social security act
- health care policy
- health care reform act
- medical policy
- child welfare - government policy
- drug policy
- immigration policy
- mental health policy
- child care
- economic support for elderly women
- long-term care for the elderly
- housing for those with severe mental illness
- child neglect treatment
- child abuse prevention
- health insurance for the uninsured
- family violence